I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Saturday, December 1, 2012

Innnnntrooooduuuuucinnnnnng..........Vespa!!!!!!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Vespa is a super little girl. She is a 6 month old rescued Rat Terrier from Frezno, CA shelter system where many of the New Rattitude-PNW dogs come from before they are transported to foster parents in OR and WA. Vespa's time had run out, in fact she never really had much time as she is missing a foot, making her a 3 1/2 legged dog or what is called a Tri-Pawd dog. So because of this the shelter said she either had to be taken into a rescue group or euthanized. Da da da DAAAA New RAttitude to the rescue. Thank you to all who were instrumental in getting this darling to safety. As you will see in upcoming videos the fact that Vespa only has three feet does not slow her down a bit. Welcome to foster care Vespa your forever home is just around the corner.

This is Vespa when we first got home from picking her up this morning. Her NR tags are still a little big on her as she only weighs 5 lbs.

Some dogs would pay a lot of dough to have a surgeon give them that to die for turned up nose.
From Vespa's point of view (I was holding her), Jenny says "Who is the new kid mom? Can I have a sniff?"

Oskar and Liza are very curious of the little bundle in my arms.
Birdie was able to get up into the towel and get a good sniff.
Let's meet and greet girls....

Birdie, the queen of Rats and of the house has to check Vespa out to make sure she approves. Oskar gets a good sniff in there too. All the while Vespa's tail is a wagging. She had only been here for about 20 minutes at this point.



Oh oh, I knew there was a catch to this new life somewhere. Who ordered the bath?

I guess it isn't all that bad to get that old scary life off my fur. I am headed for only good things now and that grime and stink from my transport is washed down the drain with any bad memories.





Cuddly dry towels....I like this spa!


My foster mom picked out this pretty green soft blanket to be mine. It will go with me when I find my forever home.


I am pretty cute, wouldn't you say?



So now I have bathed, eaten a good meal, pottied, and played in the yard. Wow this was an awesome first day in foster care for me!

I am really tired after being loved on and rescued. Please stay tuned for more of me. I have lots of adventures to show you.
                                                                                                                                                                                                


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... What a sweetie... Love her.
    Cheri P.

    ReplyDelete