I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Friday, June 12, 2015

Kia #23 and #1621

Dave and I were talking after our vacation to the OR coast and decided that we were ready for another foster dog. We would love to foster back to back but it works best in our home to take breaks in between foster dogs. Our cat Theo appreciates it. And our dog Skip also needs the break. I am also an adoption coordinator/counselor for our PNW team so I tend to keep very busy with juggling applications so I also need a break in between foster dogs as well.

The very day we had made the decision to let Janell, our state coordinator, know we would like to see if there was a rattie that would work well in our home she happened to email me that there was a 8-12 week old female rattie that had been saved by Lynn, our CA rescue Angel. Janell didn't think we had a spot for her as our foster parents were either full up or taking a break. I quickly answered her back that we could take her...and then I let Dave know we were getting another foster puppy. Ha ha, I swear he must think I had this all planned out but it really went just like that. I had no idea about the puppy, the whole thing had been unfolding as we had been contemplating taking on another foster.

Her foster name is Kia, she is our 23rd foster dog, and she is New Rattitude's 1621st rescued rattie.

Kia was found as a stray and was turned into a shelter in Central CA. She had been running the streets because the pads on her paws were very raw and tender. But she is safe now and in temp foster care waiting to make her way up to us this weekend.

Kia has been not feeling well on and off but we will get her all fixed up. We are very excited and ready to meet her and help her find her forever home. Here are some pics from her wonderful temp foster mom. She says they are really going to miss her.

How cute is she?

Hanging with her JRT temp foster brother


She looks like trouble, what do you think? lol



 Wish Kia a safe and easy transport! Stay tuned you won't want to miss this cutie. I am hoping she and Tim hit it off.



No comments:

Post a Comment