I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Egg Babies! Kia Loves Them....

We always seem to have egg babies all over the yard, on the porch, and all over in the house. Tim loves them, and since Skip has gotten older her has given up Blue, (his trusty blue Chuck-It Whistler Ball), for the soft egg baby that he now carries around quite often. Every foster dog since Moon has picked the Egg Baby as their toy of choice! It is so interesting as the ones we have all filthy, most don't squeak anymore, they have been sewn up numerous times, and are just a stuffed egg shaped piece of cloth, but what the heck! They are simple and cheap and the dogs just love 'em, so I love them too :)

The instant we got Kia in the yard and put her down after her two day transport the VERY first thing she did was pick up a stray egg baby and start running around with it, tossing it in the air, pouncing on it, and when we threw it for her she chased it down like prey and brought it right back for more. It was quite amazing! She is only about 4 months old and she is already a fast, spry, huntress, and egg babies are her prey.




This was hilarious, Kia was trying to get the yellow egg baby up to me so I could put it in the chuck it wand and do it again. She would bring it up then drop it and it would fall back down. I would say that is brilliant!

"Foster mom can you help me get this thing flying away again so I can chase it again?"

"I am doing the best I can with 4 paws to get this thing up to you."

"Oops I guess I have to pick it up again."

"Foster mom, here you go!"



In one of these videos you can see she likes Skip's ball "Blue" too. Basically she just loves to play!!!!







Finishing this post off with a sweet pic of Tim. He did really great with the new arrival, but after a couple of hours he had this look like "mom is she really staying? I hope you will still have time for me..." No worries Tim we will always have time for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment