I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Sunday, July 1, 2012

Moving forward...


Mingus is a wonder dog this I know for sure. But even wonder dogs have qualms about things. I don't know why but Mingus has mild car anxiety. Because where we live and have no sidewalks to walk our 5 dogs, and with Mingus that makes 6 dogs, we have to drive to a place where we can all walk together. Because I want Mingus to associate getting in the car with a good thing happening in the end I have been asking him if he wants to "go for a walk". I could say "do you want to go for a ride", and at some point that will come. But for now going for a walk seems to be a phrase that he associates with positively and so once we have gotten a happy response from him we then take him out to load him in the car. This video shows how excited he gets about "going for a walk". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment