I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pupdate! Gauge now Louie is doin' fine! AHOY!

People ask me quite often how it is we can foster a dog and then say goodbye. Well the answer is always the same for me. We do it for the dogs! Because I personally have such a big part in the adoption process as Adoption Coordinator for New Rattitude I am able to really feel great about the forever home that any of our foster dogs are adopted into. When I learned more and more about John, Louie's new dad, I just KNEW that Louie would thrive in his midst. I also knew that Louie would be a bit hesitant at first as he was nervous to meet new people, but if John would be patient he would have a buddy forever and ever. John was totally on board with letting Louie figure things out in his own time and it only took three days for Louie to realize that he had just hit the jackpot. One of the things John was hoping for was that Louie would enjoy going fishing with him in his boat. I will always be grateful to John for adopting our Gauge, his Louie.
I just got this wonderful email from John with two great pictures. 

Hi Genie !
         Just a quick up date. 
Louie must be part duck ! He loves going in the boat. I put the life vest on him for the first time just in case he tried walking on water. He loves to go fast. He either stands next to me or sits in my lap with his head above the windscreen and his muzzle in the wind.
 He keeps me laughing with something new every day. We caught a couple of fish but he doesn't know what to make of them. He'd rather stretch out, take in the scenery and bask in the sun.
                                                                                                                             So funny !!!!    Louie  & Me.

2 comments:

  1. So happy to see that Louie is adjusting well and I hope you both have tons of fun this summer! Take care, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacy, I am glad he is doing well too! He is such a lucky boy to be adopted by John and living the free and easy life he deserves!

      Delete