I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Saturday, June 2, 2012

Gauge takes a trip to the pet store.

Well this is interesting, seems someone else was here before me!


 Yes this one might be worth checking out.....


 This one? Can you tell I am NOT interested???


 OK I am practicing my dog language skills, maybe if I show no interest they will go away?


 Well she is standing there very nicely meaning me no harm, I guess I could look at her...


 Now this is ridiculous, why would I be standing on a cart in front of the fish? My foster parents must be nuts!


 COOKIE why certainly I will stand on a cart by the fish for a photo op and a COOKIE!


 I could get used to this!


 OK take it take it take it, take the picture!...Are we done yet????


We could tell this must have been Gauge's maiden visit to a pet store. He did pretty well though. He is a bit unsure of things but is as sweet as can be about it. He did have to "claim" the doggie clean-up cart but it did make it easy to clean up as all the sprays and paper towels were right there at our disposal. :) He did end up letting the little girl give him a little pet, but I missed the picture, silly foster mom. He got a cookie from the check out lady but waited to eat it until he got back in the car. For a first time we think he did super and know he will get more and more comfortable with love, patience and of course COOKIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment