I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Sunday, March 3, 2013

Moon's First Day

We are happy to announce the arrival of our newest foster dog Moon. She had a very long transport from Central CA and she was not too happy about it all and who could blame her? Moon is a very brave girl and right now she is not too sure about everything and who can blame her? She did allow us to pet her and hold her though. She is keeping close to her crate and that is fine. But she did come out and get in my lap as I sat in the bathroom (where we could be quiet and alone) and patiently waited. She was trembling and her tail has been tucked most of the day but she seeks me out and when I ask her "do you want me to pick you up?" she seems to know what that means and will put her front paws on my leg and allows me to pick her up. She then wants to be as close to my shoulders as possible and will climb her way up so I am holding her right next to my face and she is up as high as she can go without falling off. Then she will lean in to me and does not seem to want me to put her back down. Such an amazing girl. She is back in her crate now, probably to get a good night's rest, but she was ok with me getting a few pictures of her when she was up to hanging out for a while this afternoon. She is thin and will need to gain a bit of weight, but other than that she seems to be a very healthy girl. Some of these pictures are a bit blurry because Moon is camera shy and I had to use my zoom.

She and Skip were very interested in what Dave was doing in the kitchen

Moon was looking at Skip, she is thin now but she is eating well and will be at her ideal weight in no time.

Great shot of her sleek and stately body. Moon's tail stayed tucked most of the day, understandable for a shy girl who has been through a lot.
Tail tuck showing uncertainty. I did notice her later this day with her tail relaxed which was a welcome sight.

I love this pretty girl, and am excited to gain her trust more and see her blossom.

Moon was sitting watching my husband eat his soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment