I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Friday, March 29, 2013

Moon is Foster Dad's Little Girl

When Moon first arrived it took her some time to warm up to my husband Dave. In the beginning I was the go-to human. The way Dave handled this was to give her all the space she needed to get comfortable with him in her presence. Because he didn't push it with her she took chances with him quicker than if he had tried to pet her or pick her up. The first thing she did was to find that his lap was pretty snugly and after all the other dogs loved to be there so he had to be safe!

Even though Moon had discovered Dave's lap it took a bit more time to really begin to trust him.

But as time has gone on, four weeks now that Moon has been in our home....well things really have changed with their relationship, proving once again that time, patience, backing off, and allowing the dog to warm up at her own pace pays off in a big BIG way! Moon is definitely foster daddy's girl now.

A big step for Moon to stretch out like this. Trust is a beautiful thing isn't it?



I love this picture. Stretching...........Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.


Moon likes to nibble on Dave's fingers very lightly.
I love my foster daddy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment