I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Sunday, November 17, 2013

More Tim and Sybil

I finally got the video uploaded of Timken playing with a few toys. Sybil is such a great coach and we are so happy she is here to show Tim the way.

This is not a good photo, but here you can see how skeptical poor Tim is about the Kyjen Tail Teaser (tail on the end of the black cord). It was not even being moved at this point and he just was so nervous to go check it out.

Sybil was not so sure about it either but she is much more confident than Tim and she decided to get closer and then sweet Tim manages to get a little closer before backing away again. We have had foster dogs that go nuts for this game, but I do think with us introducing it on a daily basis Tim and Sybil will start to love it. They just need time.

I love this video of Tim. He actually does the rattie death shake on the tug and for just a very very short time he even tugs with me......of course I let him win. Tug is a good game to help with building confidence in a dog like Tim. There will be more tug sessions too. Sybil even got in on the action for a second. Baby steps all add up to big steps, I am so proud of Tim and thankful for Sybil who gives him canine support.

No comments:

Post a Comment