I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Saga of Isetta and 3 Harnesses....and a collar

The three harnesses Isetta has chewed apart while in foster care with us....$40.00



The little face of Isetta looking up at me......Priceless

So here is how it went. Miss Isetta chewed through harness #1 while crated in the car on a ride out to go for a walk. Ok so you would think I would learn. Being the crazy dog lady that I am I have accumulated a lot of harnesses. So I found another one that could be sized way down and we were able to go for our walk and all was well in crazy town. So what did I do when we got back to the car that day? Well........I unleashed the little darling and put her safely back in the crate for the ride home only to find harness # 2 chewed through once we got back and I got her out of the crate to go inside. DOHT! My mistake. So now that I knew that she was an Olympic harness chewer, I told myself and my husband, "we have to make sure that Isetta's harness is off when we crate her or leave her unattended because she will chew through it". So here is what happened to #3. I had her 3rd harness on and we were sitting in the car and I had her in my lap, where I could make sure she didn't chew through her harness, waiting for the time to go in and pick up Hudson from his neuter and take Isetta in to the vet to get her microchip inserted. Well while we sat there she got those little teeth under the harness strap and chewed through the third one! Right while she was in my lap and I hadn't even noticed her doing it! Double Doht! Then to top it off the darling little girl decided to also chew through her martingale collar provided her by New Rattitude. Good thing this lil girl has such a cute face......

We will have some really big news coming up very soon and I don't want to spoil it here in this post, but let's just say it is very important that I found her a harness that she would not chew through while being crated for a length of time........so that was our mission today.

Off to Paddywack's we went on our mission to find a better style harness that Isetta would not find so enticing to chew through.

Isetta is not used to being in public places yet and she was a real trooper as we tried on what ended up being her new harness and collar. Poor thing. What I don't have a picture of is her getting lots of treats from the nice people there.

ok mom can I get down now?

Trying out the new style, still not sure of the store, tail pulled under.

Hmmph, what is this? I am getting interested in this place.

Feeling more confident and pink is my color.

Tail in a more relaxed position

Curious about what is up here.

Checking out what is going on outside.
This nice lady loved to hold me.

And here is our purchase! She wore the harness all the way home crated in the car for safety and she did not try to chew it! The collar was intact and the bunny head was wet but not chewed through. I think we have a winner.....and her name is Isetta.



No comments:

Post a Comment