I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Saturday, January 12, 2013

Morgan, Sunbeam, and Plain Bill

I don't usually get into my personal life on my blog posts but I am going to share just a small tid bit this time. I am dedicating this blog post to my Plain Bill (PB). Plain Bill is a dear dear family friend and was also my mother's boyfriend at one point back when I was a very young girl. I have adored him always and wished he was *my dad*. My mother and father were divorced when I was 3 so I don't really remember my biological dad. I do however remember fondly and still have a relationship with Plain Bill. There were a few years in between life's chapters where we lost touch but fortunately we have been able to reestablish a friendship and connection thanks to email and a couple visits we made to So CA. So you might be wondering why call someone Plain Bill. Well it is easy to explain. We had two very good family friends and they both were Bill's. So we called them Uncle Bill and Plain Bill to distinguish between them.

Plain Bill follows our foster parent journey on this blog and through email. He has some stories of his own about helping a neglected dog in his neighborhood, and he also has rescued and cared for many kitties, pidgeons/birds, and also people. He is a very giving person and always lends a hand to neighbors in need animal or human.

PB had been especially fond of Oskar, the awesome black rattie we fostered for 6 months. He has an affinity for black dogs and cats and asked me not long ago if we could name a foster dog, preferably a black dog, Morgan (we have an auto theme in naming our dogs). PB had a vintage Morgan when I was a girl and thanks to my new scanner I have scanned and uploaded a picture of the two of us next to his beautiful 1967 Morgan.

When the opportunity came for us to foster two puppies one of them happens to be a black male! So we have our Morgan. When I mentioned to PB that we would be fostering Morgan and Sunbeam, a tan female, he let me know that my dad had once owned a Sunbeam car, he had bought it new around 1953. Then in the 60's or 70's sometime PB also bought a similar Sunbeam a 1953ish one. So it seems I have always had men in my life who appreciate specialty and vintage cars. But that is another blog post entirely :)

Plain Bill, Morgan (1967), and me in front of my home in So CAL, 1967 (love those too short bangs I have :)
puppies_cindy
Morgan (please read this blog to see how they did last night http://rescuedratties.blogspot.com/2013/01/adding-some-crazy-to-crazy-town.html
puppies_GenieGirl
Sunbeam


1953 Sunbeam Alpine for sale - Classic car ad from CollectionCar.com.
1953 Sunbeam Convertible

And because the men in my life have all been into motorcycles of one type or another, mostly vintage, I was surprised to learn that there was also a Sunbeam motorcycle.

The Sunbeam was a British motorcycle and was independently produced from 1912 - 1956. It was owned by BSA from 1943 on.... gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment