I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Double Take or....Twin Dogs of a Different Mother?

This post has two titles, the first one, Double Take is mine, and the Twin Dogs..... is my husband's (for all you youngsters out there this is a play on the title Twin Sons of a Different Mother, by Dan Folgelberg and Tim Weiseberg). Whichever title you choose I hope you get a kick out of this story.

My husband and I were driving through Monroe this afternoon with all 6 dogs in the car. We were running errands and then going out for a walk in Sultan. As we drove down Main Street I noticed this gentlemen cruising down the sidewalk in a motorized wheelchair with a black dog standing on his lap that looked exactly like Oskar. As we were driving by I blurted out, "look look that looks like Oskar with that man!" Then I ridiculously asked, "Oskar is IN the car isn't he?" This was an absurd question, but from a distance, and as we were driving by, this other dog just looked so much like Oskar, who was all neatly secured in his crate, that it just came spilling out of my mouth. :) After we hit the post office Dave said, "did you want me to go try and find the man and dog again?"  Why yes I did! I was thrilled as I wanted to meet the Oskar look alike and get some pictures. YAY I actually had my new camera with me. We spotted the man and dog again and Dave sped up and pulled in a driveway in front of their path, I jumped out and began asking about his dog and telling him we had a dog who looked just like, Jasmine is her name, in the car. He was very friendly and didn't seem to think I was crazy, and said his dog was a rescue he adopted from Noah Animal Rescue, who originally came from Bakersfield, CA. Well Oskar came from Fresno, but who knows they could be cousins, couldn't they?

First meeting.

Jasmine is so pretty.

It's like they had known each other before.

Yup that was Oskar claiming the pole for Jasmine to see.

I think she is impressed by Oskar's creativity.

Except for the tail it would be tough to tell the difference.

Getting to know you....

Jasmine has Oskar moves.

This is how she rides with her dad, this is what I saw her doing from the car.

White chest hair like Oskar's

Yes she is slightly different looking, more feminine, more Chi, but a close cousin, wouldn't you say?

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing how similar they are! Even to the white chest markings!

    ReplyDelete