I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Monday, April 6, 2015

Tesla Gets The Wiggles Out After Transport

Tesla was keyed up after her long transport from Central CA. How can you blame her? She was also not sure where the heck she landed, who we were, where her temp foster mom was that she had left just a couple days prior. She is just a puppy after all and this transition was a big one for such a young girl. She did some pacing and some whining. She wanted to play and the resident dogs weren't ready for that.

So after we all ate our dinner, I decided to grab the Kyjen Tail Teaser and see if I could help her decompress a bit by doing what ratties do best, chase, catch, and shake a fast moving toy! Well it worked and we had a blast together. I am sure this helped her to connect to me just a little and she could see I was going to be a fun and safe human to spend some time with.

I caught you tail teaser.









What a photogenic girlie! Poor thing, you can see how tired she was in her eyes. But she still had that pent up puppy energy and she needed to decompress, mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment