I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Poor Little Cony, Neuter Day Today

Well it had to be done and today was the day. Today Cony was neutered and also had his rear dew claws removed as they were very flappy and could catch on things and tear. So he had the works, chip inserted, nails clipped, and the neuter and dew claw surg. He also had a bump on his nose that turned out to just be a cyst that needed draining. He had been found by a river by his previous person and it was obvious to her that he had been attacked my something as he had wounds all over his neck. She nursed him back to health but our vet thinks the nose bump might have been a remnant of his attack a few months ago. Poor baby. Anyhow he is all fixed up now! He is resting in his foster dad's lap while he reads and so that helps him a lot I think.

Poor baby, not only did he have to endure all those things from the vet, but he is wrapped in a pink towel too!

Foster mom go away with that camera, I don't feel so good.
No doubt we will be back to this Cony in just a couple of days. Less the bump on the bridge of his nose.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, I so love how I can still follow my little guy "Coney" and see how he is doing. Looks like he has great foster parents. So glad he got neutered, chipped and dewclawed. I tried to take him to get neutered and chipped and declawed, but one testicle still hadn't descended yet. So they wanted me to wait. I'm glad to hear that his nose bump was taken care of his vet here thought it was just scar tissue from his attacks. Awww we miss him, but know he is in a much more fun place now.

    ReplyDelete