I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Monday, April 1, 2013

The Rattie Off Switch

These pictures were taken one day after a walk.....

As adoption coordinator for New Rattitude I get to talk to a lot of people about Rat Terriers. One of the things that comes up time and time and time again is the rattie "off switch". People who have had ratties before always tell me they love that ratties are energetic and athletic and smart....but the thing they like best is that they have an off switch. I tell people who have not had a rattie before and want to know what they are like and ask if they are like a Jack Russell Terrior that ratties have some similar traits to the JRT, they are intelligent, similar in size, can go go go, but the big difference is......ratties have an off switch! Applicants always say things like "oh that sounds like what I am looking for, a dog that can run and hike and play fetch but then when I want to watch TV or read, I would like a cuddler and for the dog to settle down. Here are the dogs in my house the other day demonstrating the "Rattie Off Switch"

Our senior boy Sage (notice the worn spot on the arm of my chair? that is where my girl Jenny-Boo paws to ask me to pick her up and put her in my lap :) I love that worn spot because it represents to me that she is comfortable being in my lap as there was a time when she was not.

And this is the famous Jenny-Boo (arm chair scratcher extraordinaire)

Liza-Bear our wonderful little Min Pin, she has an off switch too unlike many min-pins.

Skip wishing I would go away and let him sleep between my husbands legs in peace.

Birdie, another daddy's girl.

Moon with her favorite toy, the opposom.

No comments:

Post a Comment