I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Timken and The Chuck-It...He Makes Mom and Dad Smile

In a previous post Tim Loves To Fetch His Egg Babies  you got to see how Timken loves to play fetch with his egg babies. But have you ever tried to throw an egg baby??? It is not easy. They are really light weight and don't go too far unless you really get creative with your method. I found that throwing it underhand-backwards got Tim the most bang for his buck, but after a few months of this my shoulder is really sore. A couple of weeks ago in my weekly Yoga class it was all I could do to hold a Downward Dog because I realized I was really in pain. So then I started throwing overhand and front-underhand which just got other parts of my shoulder and arm sore. Dave is in the same boat and as a mechanic he kind of needs to have full use of his shoulders. The thing is we love to play Tim's game of fetch with him and so it goes.

A couple of friends have asked us if we could use a Chuck-It to help with the egg tossing and I explained that Tim was terrified of the Chuck-It and I had to put it away. We used to use it with Skip and his ball, Blue, all the time, but when one of us would pick up the Chuck-It Tim would not want to be anywhere near us.

Welllll..............that was then and this is now! HA! Dave asked me today if we should get the Chuck-It out again and see if Tim would be okay with it now. It has been put away for about 4 months. I was skeptical but our shoulders are getting worse so I agreed we should see if Tim would tolerate it at all. Tim did great! He didn't balk at all! It was as if we had always tossed the egg babies with a big orange Chuck-It. And the great thing is we can really get the eggs to soar across the yard and Tim can get more exercise and really open up his running stride. Pretty awesome isn't it?


I had the camera ready. Tim is looking at the Chuck-It with interest and not moving away from it.

Hey dad why don't you stop holding my baby and toss that thing?

A little Timken lean but he is still curious.

Looking pretty comfortable with his baby on a long orange thing.

The baby did get tossed and here is Tim, he brought it right back to go again.

He is mesmerized by this orange arm holding his baby.

What a cute boy!
Skip was excited to see the Chuck-It again and has decided that fetching Egg Babies is pretty dang fun.

And here is Tim, now he gets to chase his baby all the way across the yard. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment