I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Sierra's Photoshoot---PUPDATE!

Miss Sierra is in the house! We hadn't seen her since she was adopted into her wonderful forever home. Her parents asked if she could come stay with us for a little while so they could travel to visit their family. Her parents are so smitten with her and only want the best for her so when they asked us to petsit the caveat was if we weren't able to then they wouldn't go on their trip. Sierra is really coming along in her comfort level of meeting new people but she still isn't all together comfortable with new people and they didn't want her to be stressed when they were gone. Luckily it worked out that we could have her stay with us.

When her mom and dad dropped her off they were hoping we could get some pictures of her for a blog post. Well if you have followed my blog when we fostered Sierra you will remember she does NOT like her picture taken. But I enjoy a challenge and so I gave it a shot when we were out on a walk on Christmas eve day.

How many clicks does it take to get a head-on shot of Sierra?

1) Sierra is a master of avoidance when it comes to the camera

2) She had turned toward me but I missed it

3) Get the camera out of my face!
4) Maybe if I stick my tongue out you will leave me alone?

5) Me trying a treat to get her to look at me. Oh she wanted the treat, love those toofies she has.

6) Back to avoidance
7) Foster dad make her stop!

8) Hey wait a minute do I hear a bird or squirrel over there?

9) Bingo! Whatever Sierra heard or saw was what it took to get the shot! Love this girl's face. She has the best expressions.

Sierra loves to go for hikes, she gets really into looking for birds and she can be pretty serious about it :)
Here birdie birdie birdie...

And Sierra loves to explore. Good thing we had a long lead on her so she could go down to the little pond.

Thanks to my zoom I could get a shot of her near the water.


Sierra, Tim and Sybil all wishing we would get walking and stop recording. Nice to see how well Sierra is using her leg that she had had surgery on. You would never know she only used three legs looking at her now. Such a beautiful rattie girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment