I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Timmy's Tuesday

Today marks the 4th day Tim has been in our home and today was a really great day! We took the dogs back out to do our loop walk that we did with Tim on Sunday, his first walk, see blog post Timmy Gets Out, and he was a champ! He did not balk once, walked right on foster dad's heels for the whole 4 miles and basically strutted his stuff like he owned the place. Wow what progress! We were astounded.

He was also so much calmer riding in his crate in the car. He settled right down and barely a whine was detected.

When we got home from our walk and while I was making lunch, Tim took it upon himself to play with Blue (our dog Skip's ball), he tossed Blue a bit and batted at Blue and play bowed to Blue. Again we were in awe. Just the day before he would not even go near the toys in the house, he seemed to be so afraid of them and stressed out over most everything including us just walking through the house. So today when he played with a ball we were overjoyed for him.

He also slept in my easy chair while I did my New Rattitude stuff instead of pacing. Up until today he paced a lot, couldn't get relaxed except for a brief time, then paced again and pawed at me a lot. But today he was feeling so much better.

Fostering these shy and undersocialized dogs always teaches me something. If we can just wait it out and have faith they do make baby steps which turn into big strides and bring huge smiles to our faces and joy in our hearts. Way to go Timken!




He is still a bit stiff legged for sure, I believe this is from his anxiety he carries around with him, but in time I hope he will loosen up. The play bow alone is enough to bring tears to my eyes. What a great Tuesday it has been!



No comments:

Post a Comment