I volunteer for New Rattitude Rat Terrier Rescue
Helping to find rescued Ratties in need their second chance at life in good fit forever homes.




Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Kia's Big Day Out (part 2 hardware store)

After our walk in the town of Snohomish we headed over to a small family run hardware store. Dave had something to get for a job he was working on and so Kia and I used the time for some more socializing opportunities.


Kia who is a pretty confident puppy was not doing her usual wanting to get down and explore routine, she was being a little more cautious with this new place and when I look at this photo from her point of view I think I am a little overwhelmed too. That is a lot of stuff!

Kia is an intense dog and in this case her being intense was about taking everything in, rather than wanting to get down and  rock and roll.

She was pretty reserved while foster dad looked over the lag bolts. But she spied someone walking down the aisle....

...so she had to break from her supervising position to check out this new person coming toward us...

...more things happening down at the other end of the store....


...what is going on over there?...

"Hi again foster dad!"

"Could I offer you some help there?"

"I better sniff that to make sure it is the right thing that you need."

"I will just stay here where I am safe."

One of our clients happened to see us and stopped to chat with Dave. Kia went right up to sniff him. He didn't pay much attention to her which was fine with me, it gave her a chance to get to know him without feeling too much pressure.

I had to laugh at this, once she realized he meant us no harm, she gave him a "sit" and "eye contact". "Mister might you have any treats for a cute little doggie who is learning manners?" Nope he didn't have anything but that is ok, we had other things to check out.
"Foster dad, foster mom and I are going to check out the store while you chat."


"Hi foster mom, I can do my sit and eye contact in this store with you...do you have any treats?" Yup I did and she got a couple!

This nice young employee was just smitten with Kia and I gave her a treat to offer her as we headed back to the car, ending this activity on a really positive note.

Next stop a little public park in Monroe, WA.

No comments:

Post a Comment